"Prostate bed radiotherapy"

About: Maidstone District General Hospital

I had a 20 day course of radiotherapy recently. Travel was difficult as I had an 80 mile round trip every day due to Canterbury undergoing an equipment upgrade.

However - our first introduction to the Oncology Reception was amazing! The staff were cheerful and very helpful in every way. Even when under pressure they always had a great attitude with every patient. I was made to feel very important and much at ease there.

The treatment itself was good considering that the team were on a conveyor belt situation and had no spare time to do much more than their job. They were always kind, understanding and considerate though.

There was a daily stress of finding somewhere to park in the complex. Certain days were worse than others and I was late for an appointment on one occasion because of it.

Apart from that though, I would have had to deliberately looked for problems to find any. Well done Maidstone. If the other departments are run in the same way then the hospital can be proud of itself :) Thank you!!

Response from Maidstone District General Hospital

Dear Mr Westley, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your experience of the oncology service.

We were very pleased to read that the staff had made you feel so welcome and treated you with kindness and consideration, even when the department was busy.

We do appreciate that parking at Maidstone Hospital can sometimes be difficult and since your visit, we have opened additional parking spaces to help improve this.

Kind regards, The PALS Team.