"Excellent care"

About: University Hospital Of North Durham

Treated for colon cancer in Sept 2015 - surgery followed by recovery period on ward 16.

Excellent level of care received at every stage. Surgical, anaesthesia, pain relief and ward staff all were proactive and quick to explain what was happening and what I could expect. In the main actions seemed well co-ordinated between the different groups involved and I had no real worries regarding the steps in my treatment. I am currently waiting for confirmation of biopsy results but am receiving excellent post op care at home from community nurses.

Response from University Hospital Of North Durham

Dear Mr Evans

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent admission to the University Hospital of North Durham and in particular Ward 16 and the Community Nurses.

I am very pleased to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the Matrons for both areas to pass onto the staff on your behalf.

I know they will be encouraged by your positive comments.

Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices.

Patient Experience Team