"Very kind and keen to inform me"

About: Watford General Hospital / Paediatrics

(as a parent/guardian),

My 10 year old daughter has been coming here since 6 months old due to an eye condition (Coptic dysplasia) her visits are now yearly to cheek on progress etc.

Today's visit was very welcoming, quick and efficient. A member of staff sat at the drawing room at reception and did word searches with her and was touching to my daughter, which was lovely- thank you: ). The nurse who weighted and measured height was very kind and keen to inform me of my daughters measurements and the difference from last year – and offered to write this info down for a book I keep at home, very kind and helpful, especially for my daughter’s experience: ).

The doctors appt itself was thorough- spoke to her as opposed to just me – explained further consultations are still necessary.

Today was a very welcoming visit for both my daughter and I – thank you!

Response from Alison Parkinson, Senior Sister, Children's Outpatients, West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us some feedback, we in Children's Outpatients love to hear when we've got something right or where we might need to make changes.

I was delighted to hear how welcoming are staff were to you and your daughter, and so pleased that we could make your experience a positive one. I have passed on your praise to the outpatients staff and they were extremely pleased to receive your praise.

Many thanks again and we wish you well.

Response from Watford General Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to give us your positive feedback.