"Breast cancer"

About: Royal Bolton Hospital

In March 2015 I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.I was fully informed at all times by my Consultant breast surgeon what my treatment options were and decided to have a mastectomy with immediate reconstruction. This took place within 3 weeks on M1ward and I was only in hospital overnight. The nursing care on the ward was excellent. After further tests I was recommended to have a course of Chemotherapy. Fortunately I was able to have this at the Churchill Unit at the RBH. The chemo nurses,nursing staff and volunteer helpers here all provided excellent care in a relaxed environment and meeting other patients here going through the same treatment helped me to cope at a difficult time. I would like to thank all the staff involved in my treatment - Consultant breast surgeon, breast care nurses, chemo nurses who always treated me as an individual and not just another patient. I was shown care, kindness and reassurance at all times and always felt I was being given the best treatment available. I would not hesitate in recommending Bolton Breast Unit to anyone needing treatment.

Response from Royal Bolton Hospital

Thank you for your kind comments. I'm pleased to hear the quality of care you received helped you through and that you were kept fully informed at all times. I hope you're now on the road to recovery.