"Appauling A+E"

About: Heartlands Hospital

I work as a doctor in the NHS, in a different trust. Had to be rushed in to A+E at heartlands with an extremely severe headache. Tossing and turnung, unbearable pain. Got no attention at triage, was told to go register and wait. At registration was told to go to minors. I made a fuss that I'm in terrible, terrible pain so stayed in majors. After registration was told to just wait. With the overcrowding and insufficient facilities, the wait was never ending. Whilst the headache was unbearable. Ended up walking out myself as I could not bare the pain. Extremely disappointed.

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Emergency Department at Heartlands Hospital.

I am very sorry that you were unhappy with your treatment and that you felt it was overcrowded and that facilities were insufficient. Our Emergency Department is currently undergoing major refurbishment and extension to ensure that our patients are appropriately cared for in a safe environment. Whilst this is going on, the staff are working in very difficult temporary circumstances which unfortunately may have an impact on patient experience.

If you would like to contact me directly so that I may obtain more information, I will be happy to investigate and highlight your experience appropriately. Patient feedback is very important to us as it helps us to identify problems, make improvements and prevent other patients having a similar experience. I can be contacted on 0121 424 0808 or by email: marie.helebert@heartofengland.nhs.uk.

I do hope that you are feeling much better, and I look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Marie Helebert

Response from Heartlands Hospital

Dear Anonymous

Marie Helebert