"Failed diagnosis at A&E"

About: Borders General Hospital / Accident & Emergency

I attended A&E at my hospital and told the triage nurse the reason for my visit. I waited almost two hours before being called. (An emergency case came in) had all the mandatory tests ie ECG, bloods and urine. The Dr came and went and asked why I was there today. Had already explained to the triage nurse who entered the info on the computer so he should know.

An hour + later he came back and said your bloods and urine are fine so you can go home. I said what about the pain and why I have it. My reason for attending was because my pelvic pain was so bad I could barely walk for the pain and heaviness and together with an abnormal urine flow I hadn't passed urine for a day. A friend had exactly the same problem was referred for scans and referral to a gynae.

I feel the doctor failed to make a diagnosis.

Can't fault the nurses. They were wondeful

Response from Susan Cowe, NHS Borders

Dear Patricias,

Thank you for taking the time to raise your experience with us and for your kind remarks about the nursing staff. I am very sorry to hear about your experience when you attended the A&E department at the Borders General Hospital. If you can contact me on 01896 82 6719 with further details we will be able to look into your specific circumstances in detail.

• Patricias thinks this response is helpful