"Cancelled yet again"

About: Christchurch Hospital

Guess what.......Yes my Dermatology appointment has been cancelled yet again. Well what a surprise. Not sure what to do now. I have been given another appointment 10 days later. However, I cannot be the only person this happens to. What on earth is happening here? Will do some research and find out what my next move should be. I thought that after all the problems I had a couple of months ago things might change. Ha ha. No way. I am sorry that the department is short staffed (as I was told during my last very late appointment) but the bottom line is - it is not my fault - but it has now become a problem for me. Need to find a way of solving this disaster. I can't keep changing other appointments/dates or driving over to the hospital to pick up my meds as I have run out yet again due to the fact my appointment has been cancelled and moved to a later date! Any suggestions on what I can do next will be gratefully received.

Response from Christchurch Hospital

Dear Anonymous

I am extremely disappointed to hear that once again the Dermatology Department has failed to meet the standard we aspire to or those expected by our patients.

Without further investigation I can offer no answer that would quickly resolve this upsetting and annoying cancellation and would suggest that you make direct contact with the clinical lead Ali Murguia on 01202 705481 or email Ali.Murguia@rbch.nhs.uk .

Alternatively you can contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALs) on 01202 704886 or PALS@rbch.nhs.uk

If you feel it would be helpful to discuss all the problems you have encountered during your Dermatology appointments I would be happy to hear from you. I can be contacted on 01202 704253 or email Sue.mellor@rbch.nhs.uk

Once again I apologise for the difficulties you are experiencing and I hope that together we can reach a satisfactory outcome.

Regards Sue Mellor Head of Patient Engagement

Response from Sue Mellor, Patient Experience Lead, Royal Bournemouth & Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Anonymous

Without further investigation I can offer no answer that would quickly resolve this upsetting and annoying cancellation and would suggest that you make direct contact with the clinical lead Ali Murguia on 01202 705481 or email Ali.Murguia@rbch.nhs.uk.

Regards