"Crisis help"

About: Whitchurch Community Psychiatric Department

I was admitted to Whitchurch following a stay in the crisis house after an overdose

I went voluntarily to Whitchurch as I knew I was no longer safe to myself in the open house.

I found all staff (bar 1) to be helpful, non judgemental and willing to listen and support

I honestly had a negative view of going into the hospital but wanted potential service users to know its not as bad as it may seem and I really think it has helped on my road to recovery.

The only thing I would say, and that's nothing to do with the hospital itself, I feel the services needed by so many are not accessible until you take drastic action which needs looking at as the support I'm getting now would have almost certainly prevented ME getting and doing things I had to do to get the help I needed.

So from my experience Whitchurch hospital was a million times better then I imagined and people are quick to write blogs of complaint so I wanted to highlight my good experience.

Response from Cardiff and Vale University Health Board

‘Thank you for your positive comments regarding the care you received in Whitchurch Hospital. We are pleased to learn that the staff provided a high standard of care. With regard to accessing help earlier to prevent hospital admission, there are a range of services available provided by the 3rd sector, the CMHTs have a duty worker should you need to phone for assistance, and, under Part 3 of the Mental Health Measure you are able to self refer for assessment.’