"From the ambulance to A&E then the wards."

About: East Surrey Hospital

From the initial attendance of the ambulance crews ( 2 crews turned up). One in a quick response vehicle and two others in the ambulance. Both of them wasted no time in getting me breathing again very quickly and calming me down by explaining what was happening to me. I was in distress with not being able to take breaths and was told later it was a respiratory seizure, probably caused by asthma. When i arrived at Redhill A&E i was seen immediately and treated straight away by the consultant they were readily concerned about my condition and i was sent to the AMU ward. There i stayed for 5 days were the staff, nurses and doctors looked after me beyond my expectations. I will mention a new nurse, who was very good.

From here i was taken to the tilgate ward for two days, here all the staff gave the same treatment and attention as the AMU ward. Especially one nurse, who is a credit to the hospital. I witnessed what they have to go through on a daily and nightly basis.

Overall, i think the experience was one of care, compassion and concern throughout my stay.

Finally, i would like to mention the food, for me, it was absolutely fine, could not fault anything that i had. Knowing the number of meals that the kitchen has to prepare every day, it is amazing what they do.

Not sure if anyone from the hospital team will see this, but from me and my family may i say a big thank you for coming to my rescue and getting me better.

Dear Cliff

Many thanks for posting such an in-depth set of comments about your recent stay at East Surrey Hospital and being treated prior to that by the Ambulance service.

It is good to read that you felt so well looked after in A&E, AMU and Tilgate ward. I will ensure that the teams in each of these areas see your comments.

I was also pleased to read your comments about the food. As you say feeding 700 people three times per day is a large task so its good to read that you couldnt fault anything that you were served

I hope you re now well on the way to recovery