"hardworking and caring staff"

About: Glasgow Royal Infirmary / Trauma & orthopaedics

I was admitted to ward 61 due to a complex ankle injury. I have nothing but praise for each and every one of the staff. From hygiene operatives, catering ladies, nurses, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, anaesthetists, surgeons, Accident and Emergency doctors, nurses and all staff involved in my care from the minute I arrived. I must also include the paramedics who took care of me immediately after my accident and whose knowledge and efficiency probably assisted in 'saving' my foot. During my stay in ward 61 and 62 I observed how professional, caring and extremely hardworking all of the staff were in dealing with their patients, including myself. This is not an easy job as some of the patients showed a total lack of appreciation and were extremely demanding, one patient was actually abusive! Somehow, the staff remained calm and respectful at all times. The cost of my care alone must have taken quite a bit out of the NHS budget. I fully and utterly appreciate the job that all of the NHS workforce are doing. I salute and applaud you and will be forever grateful. I sometimes read and hear about negative issues regarding the NHS, but people forget to be positive and to praise the wonderful work done. I cannot thank you enough.

Dear Irene,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such detailed feedback of your experiences in Wards 61 and 62, as well as in Accident and Emergency and with the Scottish Ambulance Service paramedics. That you experienced such high levels of care from each and every member of staff is fantastic to hear and I will be so pleased to be able to pass this on to the teams who looked after you.

You are right when you say that sometimes the positives are overshadowed by the negatives, but both are so important in helping us to continue to improve and to learn what is important to our patients, as well as to let our staff know that their hard work is appreciated.

Best Wishes,