"Brilliant care at the Raedwald Day Surgical Unit"

About: Ipswich Hospital

I have just had a spinal cord stimulator fitted over two consecutive weeks at the Raedwald Unit. I will be writing individually to the amazing staff concerned from the Pain Management Team to say a huge thank you for their care and treatment over the past 18 months or so. I also have to say a special thanks to the nursing team on the Surgical Unit. I was lucky to have had the same great nurse look after me on both occasions. One nurse was friendly, funny, calming and professional. Having a 'continuity of service' with the same person may have been more by luck than judgement but it really put me at ease and helped make a stressful set of procedures and environment a much more pleasant experience. The care given has been great. None of us wants to be in hospital but I can categorically say to anyone needing surgery at the Raedwald, you will receive amazing care and support from everyone you come into contact with. Thank you.

Response from Ipswich Hospital

Thank you so very much for this fantastic feedback which we have shared with all the teams involved in your care. The Raedwald team have posted it on their noticeboards in their staff room they are so delighted to have your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to thank us and for highlighting how your care was made special by the attentiveness of staff. Every good wish for the future.

Jan Ingle