"COPD visit"

About: Royal Bolton Hospital

I visited the children's outpatients department with my daughter and the staff there were fantastic.

The paediatrician in particular, was fantastic. They took their time to find out a full history of symptoms, did a thorough examination whilst also ensuring my daughter (10 years old) understood everything that was being discussed.

As we walked away my daughter, husband and I all turned to one another and said 'wow, they were brilliant!'

My daughter required unplanned blood tests whilst at the unit and the phlebotomist was incredibly fast! There was no upset caused and the play worker explained everything thoroughly, even showing my daughter how the numbing spray works by using my arm!

Very child friendly.

Everybody was friendly, we all felt at ease there and would definitely recommend the service to friends and family.

Thanks COPD for making our visit easy.

Response from Royal Bolton Hospital

It is always worrying for parents when a child has medical needs, so it is good to hear that both you and your husband as well as your daughter were reassured and well informed by our staff. Thank you for sharing this.