"When visiting my newborn granddaughter, ..."

About: Royal Lancaster Infirmary

When visiting my newborn granddaughter, there were 11 visitors at a bedside in the ward. Are there no limits to the numbers of people who are allowed to visit?

Apart from this point, the care and service was excellent.

Limitation to say 4 people at any one time.

I hope that you don't only publish positive feedback.

Response from Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Thank you for posting your comments and congratulations on the birth of your Granddaughter. We were pleased to read that you felt that the care and service at Royal Lancaster Infirmary was excellent.

We appreciate you bringing to our attention that on one occasion there were 11 visitors at a bedside in the ward. We do ask that patients limit the number of visitors at any one time to two, and where this isn't possible, to talk to ward staff first and we will do our best to accommodate them.

11 visitors at any one time for a single bed is excessive, and we hope that this did not adversely affect your visit. We will pass your comments onto the staff concerned and ask them to remind patients and visitors about the numbers of visitors per bed. We are also in the process of producing a bedside folder for all patients which includes this information.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.