"A&E and UCC"

About: Queen Elizabeth Hospital (Greater London)

I've been treated as an outpatient by the UCC nurses at the hospital for the past 6 weeks attending every other day. Before reaching the UCC patients need to sign in at the A&E reception, since the implementation of the new computer system I've had to queue up for the past 2 weeks, give all my details again to then be asked to sit in A&E for up to 30 mins before even moving on to the UCC where again you have to wait. Prior to this it was a simple case of giving my surname and DOB then being asked to proceed to the UCC...no more than 5 minutes worth. Now, the whole procedure has been lengthened by this new system and seems to leave patients confused and annoyed. The A&E reception staff are abrupt and rude to say the least, however I cannot fault the nurses in the UCC all of whom act with a great degree of professionalism and care.

Response from Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Due to technical issues you may not have received a response to your comments.

Thank you for your feedback. I can only apologise for the experience you had. We take all feedback seriously and as a reflection of our practice.

Your comments have been shared with the staff to help improve the quality of service we deliver in the future

Patient Experience Team