"Swinley Ward"

About: Royal Albert Edward Infirmary

Swinley ward, was very dirty with over flowing bins in toilets with dirty blood stained sanitary towels overflowing on to the floor, used bed pans on the floor.

Staff was very unprofessional arguing/bickering saying they was doing everything and other members of staff needed to help.

There was ladies waiting for up to 15 mins after pressing for assistance.

I got left in a side room for over 7 hours on a chair (being pregnant) after being told I would be staying in, my partner went home collected me an over night bag dropped it off at the hospital, he then returned home with our younger children... For the hospital to discharge me at 12.15 in the morning, to which I had to ring and wake my partner and children up to collect me from the hospital.

They said my own doctor & midwife would have to run any other tests a required as they was too busy.

Response from Susan Heighway, Patient Relations / PALS Manager , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

I would like to thank you for taking the time to express your concerns with us, it is not the kind of experience we wish to hear about from our patients who choose to have their care here, and I am truly sorry about this. Please contact the Patient Relations Department so that we can look into your concerns and undertake a full investigation; we will be happy to provide you with feedback and any learning outcomes.