"Inpatient mental health unit."

(as a parent/guardian),

I thought the doctor was rude and provoked the patients causing distress to them. It felt like the doctor was eager to discharge my son without a diagnosis or proper after care and in my opinion this nearly cost my son his life as he tried to commit suicide.

Response from Sara Kerry, Patient Experience Coordinator, Central Governance Team, West London Mental Health NHS Trust

Dear Zosia

Thank you for taking the time to share your story on Patient Opinion.

We are sorry that you found the doctor rude and his attitude not empathetic towards your son. We offer our sincere apologies for the distress this has caused both of you.

We would like to look into this in more detail to confirm the circumstances so that we can implement any changes that may be required to improve our practices and services that are provided. We would appreciate it if you could take the time to call us on our PALS telephone line 0800 064 3330 or via email, pals@wlmht.nhs.uk

Regards

Sara

• zosia doesn't think this response is helpful
    {{helpful}} of {{totalOthers()}} other people think it is helpful

Update posted by zosia (a parent/guardian)

The horrific memory of that place still lingers.

Dear Zosia

I am really sorry that you are still having horrific memories. I would really like you to contact me directly.

My number is 0208 483 2073 or 01344 754507 or via email; Sara.Kerry@wlmht.nhs.uk

Best wishes