About: Salisbury District Hospital

I am now 11 days post op having had a THR on September 10th. The lead up to this was fraught with some unforeseen problems and from the minute my surgeon was aware of the situation it was sorted. I had been in severe pain for approx 6 months and from the moment I came round in recovery the pain has gone! The care I received was second to none, consultant, anaesthetist, doctors, nurses, physios and all other staff, absolute gems the whole lot of you. I was on Amesbury Ward for 3 days before going home, staff are brilliant, caring, funny, helpful, nothing was too much trouble. The food was good, hot and really good variety. The whole experience was a positive one.

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to you all, especially those of you freezing every night because I insisted on having my windows open. Thank you so very much to you all for making this experience a good one. Am actually looking forward to returning at some point to have my other hip done.

Keep up the good work.

Response from Salisbury District Hospital

Thank you!

It’s great to hear your experience was so positive and we will be delighted to share your words with all those involved in your care.