"A&E admittance 8 30 am 2 sept 2015 damaged..."

About: Royal Hampshire County Hospital

I was taken by a friend after a fall in my back garden.

Upon arrival I was received at reception almost immediately. I was then processed through initial A&E admissions, x ray plaster room and then consultation with a doctor about the extent of the damage. Surgery was required and it might be done later that day so I was admitted to Bartlett ward.

Due to the list of operations I could not be fitted in. I had been consulted by an anaesthetist and a doctor came to see me at 6 pm. I had the operation the next day and was released the following day.

I have to say that the organisation and care I received at every stage was excellent. The chirpy up beat atmosphere in Bartlett ward was a tonic in it self. When I got back from surgery at 2 30 pm there on the table was a packed lunch. and it doesnt get better than that.

Thanks to everyone, with a special word for the member of staff in the plaster room

Response from Royal Hampshire County Hospital

Thank you for your feedback on our emergency department and Bartlett Ward. It is always lovely to read positive comments on the care and treatment patients have received. I will share these kind words with the teams involved, who I am sure, will be greatly encouraged by them.

Mary Edwards, Chief Executive