"I had a cardiac arrest,"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Cardiology

I had a cardiac arrest and was taken to Wishaw General Hospital's A&E department and was then admitted to CCU. The care I received from all the members of staff I was treated by was excellent.

I would like to give special mentions to Caroline, who was a staff nurse in the A&E department, and to Carol, the ward manager in CCU. Every member of staff in the CCU department were a credit to themselves and I will never be able to thank them enough.

Response from Faith McCrea, Service Manager, Emergency & Medical Services, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear Maureen Frank

Thank you very much for getting in touch and for your comments in relation to the care you received whilst an inpatient here at Wishaw General Hospital and indeed at such a worrying time for you when you were very unwell. I indeed hope that you are recovering well and your health will continue to improve.

Your very positive comments are very welcome and I will ensure they are fed back to the staff in A&E and CCU, who work so hard in ensuring the care we deliver to patients is of a high standard. I have no doubt they will be delighted for the feedback and particularly those you have personally named.

Thank you once again and best wishes to you

Response from Gillian Corbett, Chief of Nursing Services, Wishaw General Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Maureen Frank,

I was really struck when I read the title of your post and felt that I also had to respond.

Thank you for your feedback; this must have been an exceptionally difficult time for you and your family.

Hearing your story was a stark reminder of the great job our frontline staff do, in reverting what otherwise would have been a devastating outcome.

I hope that you are making a good recovery and once again, thank you very much for sharing your experience.

Kind Regards,