"Colposcopy and LLETZ"

About: Medway Maritime Hospital

I absolutely cannot recommend one of the consultants and their team enough. As a young woman, being informed after your first ever smear test that you have abnormal cells and need treatment is absolutely terrifying. On both occasions, (the first colposcopy and biopsy, and the second colposcopy and LLETZ), the consultant and team of nurses were incredibly friendly, professional and reassuring. They explained what everything meant, what they were going to do, and what I should expect during and post treatment. The procedure was relatively quick and painless. Throughout the treatment they treated me with the utmost respect and compassion, ensuring I remained as comfortable and dignified as possible, throughout what is typically a very uncomfortable and undignified procedure. Thank you.

Response from Medway Maritime Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on the care you received in our gynaecology department. We are pleased that our staff were able to reassure you during what must have been a very worrying time for you.