"Cataract Surgery Ward 6"

About: Burnley General Hospital

I had cataract surgery on my left eye last Tuesday 8th September. This was about 6 weeks after the same operation on my right eye.

I cannot praise this procedure highly enough, the NHS for which I'm thankful every day and particularly grateful to all the staff at every level who looked after me with wonderful skill, care, dedication, friendliness and kindness on both occasions.

The results are almost miraculous, but in addition, in my opinion it's the excellence of the people involved which leaves such an impression. Never think you're not appreciated, because you are! Thank you all very very much.

Response from Burnley General Hospital

Many thanks for your feedback regarding your recent experience in the Ophthalmology department at Burnley General Hospital and thank-you for taking the time to do so.

It is a pleasure to receive such lovely feedback and I will make sure your appreciation is passed onto the team who will be delighted to hear that your experience was really positive as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

If you would like to speak with one of our Patient Experience team so we can understand what made this such a positive experience we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals.

You can either contact me (Helen Ritchie) on 01254 734471 or email me on Helen.ritchie@elht.nhs.uk .

If you would like to share your experience in confidence with an independent organisation please contact Healthwatch BwD on 01254 504985 or info@healthwatchblackburnwithdarwen.co.uk

Many thanks again for commenting and best wishes.

Helen Ritchie, Senior Patient Experience Facilitator