"83 year old mother's experience DGRI"

About: Dumfries & Galloway Royal Infirmary

The excellent care received by my elderly mother in Ward 3 by Mr Khan and his staff made a harrowing time easier. This was only her second time in a hospital, including transfer from Galloway(Stranraer), in sixty years. The last time giving birth to my twin sister and me in the old Creswell Maternity unit. Mr Khan gave all the praise to the nursing staff for my mother's remarkable recovery. Thanks from all the family.

Response from Michaela Cannon, Patient Feedback and Complaints Co-ordinator, Patient Services, NHS Dumfries & Galloway

Dear Elphinstone

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am delighted that you mother and your family had an excellent experience of the NHS.

I have forwarded your comments to the staff concerned as I know they will appreciate your kind words. We are indeed fortunate to have such a committed and dedicated staff within NHS Dumfries and Galloway and it is always heartening for staff to receive such positive feedback.

If you have any further comments or improvements that you would like to suggest please do not hesitate to contact us at Dumf-uhb.PatientServices@nhs.net.