About: Crosshouse Hospital / General Surgery

I have had an ongoing problem with reflux for quite a few years and last august it became extremely bad and for 5 months i was pretty unwell and could hardly eat or drink without excruciating pain. I had to see my consultant yet again and was told that i needed to have certain tests carried out.

The tests where eventually carried out and i then went back to see mr robertson. I was told that my bmi would need to be 35 before he would operate and i was re-scheduled to see him again on 26th october 2015. Since being told that i have to lose weight to reduce my bmi, i have been living on my nerves and feel that i couldn't even book a holiday incase i put on weight or that the reflux would return with a vengeance. My life has been on hold and i have been terrified that i wont get the operation to help me get well. This morning i received a letter from crosshouse hospital telling me that my appointment for october has had to be cancelled and another appointment for December has been arranged.

I truly feel that peoples lives are really not as important to nhs as they should be and i am just being fobbed off yet again. If an appointment has to be canelled and then re-arranged, why does it have to be a 2 month further down the line gap for the re-arranged appointment? I think it's absolutely disgraceful and unfortunate for people who are at their wits end and cannot afford to go private. Shame on you.

Dear Tully,

I am so sorry that you have such a painful time and have waited so long. Can I ask you firstly to contact the secretary of the service or the referral management service to ask for a cancellation (01563 827070). Also, if you want to call 01563 826146 and give us more details e.g. Your name, CHI number or date of birth and what consultant/service you are waiting for, we can look into it for you.

It does seem unfair that a cancellation by us makes another 2 months of a wait for you and I would like to think we are able to do something about that but without these details, it is not possible.

I hope we can help get this better for you,

Best wishes,