"Cavendish unit Leigh infirmary mental health"

About: 5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

I have been an inpatient numerous times on the ward and although I always found the staff really good, I would like to say that after my last admission, which was for 6 months, I was put under the newly piloting self-injury pathway. I would like to say that even though my other admissions have helped at the time, my last admission was the one that I felt I really gained at benefit from in regards to helping me with not only my current issues but also giving me tools to help myself in the community.

The self-injury pathway being delivered on cavendish unit has truly been of great benefit to me and a lot of other patients I know and I hope cavendish unit continue to deliver the good work that they have been. I left the ward with a totally new look on life because of the treatment from the nurses as it was the nursing staff delivering the pathway, including coping techniques and named nurse sessions and for that I am so greatfull, thanks

Response from Jacqui Sellek, PALS Coordinator, 5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Trust

Dear logibear

Thank you so much for sharing your experience of our service. We will pass on your comments to the staff concerned who will be really pleased to hear from you.

With kind regards
  • logibear thinks this response is helpful