"I delivered my baby in this hospital. ..."

About: Fairfield General Hospital

I delivered my baby in this hospital. Midwives were totally fantastic and experienced, helped me to reduce stress and tried. Labour ward midwives treated me and my baby like a family member. Fantastic.

Well, I hadn't chance ti talk to the doctor who actually made decisions. I only could talk to staff doctors, who really did what consultant decided. In my case many things could be done better- I had complications in pregnancy and in my opinion there wasn't done anything to help me. And for God's sake! If my liver almost is not working how could I be given chips for a tea?

I would recommed that hospital, however before I fall pregnant next time I would like to talk to the consultant! I hope it will be posssible....

Response from Fairfield General Hospital

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the midwives. We have passed your comments to the Head of Midwifery. She advises that we do not expect that all women will be seen by a consultant. However, we would expect that any who are classed as high risk are seen by the consultant. I am sorry that this did not happen in your case.

In addition we apologise for the inappropriate offers of food. This has been brought to the attention of the staff.