"Efficient and individulaised care"

About: Western Infirmary/Gartnavel General / General Medicine

I attended for a eye and liver scan at Gartnavel General Hospital in Glasgow at the ultrasound department this month.

The whole experience was efficient and friendly.

The receptionist was very welcoming and had a lovely manner with me and other patients. I even witnessed her sort out an appointment for a gentleman who got his appointments mixed up and which should have been at the Western Hospital. He was a bit confused and I saw her calmly and quietly sort out his appointment so he could have his scan done at the ultrasound dept that day at Gartnavel.

I had 2 scans done -. One was done bu a doctor and the other by a technican.

Both were proficient and given the busy nature of the department I did not feel rushed.

The clinical team were supportive and explained the procedures well asking me appropriate questions about how I was feeling.

I found the department clean and tidy. The waiting area is a bit squashed and could be doing with more comfortable seating.

Some calming music in the background would help to create a calming ambiance while waiting to get called in for your scan.

The toilets were exceptionally clean and well stocked with hand towels and toilet paper.

All in all I had a very pleasant visit to the department despite the worry of why I was there.

Dear Chocolat,

Thank you so much for your very detailed description of your experience at this clinic - it is clear to see that there are so many parts of the patient journey that have been thought through to make it as pleasant an experience as possible, although I note the couple of tweaks you have suggested to improve this further. It is so important that such an atmosphere is created, as it does make such a massive difference to patients when they are waiting in a particularly anxious situation.

I will pass on your lovely comments to the team, who I am sure will be really pleased that you took the time to give them such feedback.

Best Wishes,