"Orchid Ward, Milbrook, Mansfield, Nottingham"

About: Millbrook Mental Health Unit

(as a friend),

Went to visit my dear friend who is currently an inpatient on orchid ward, all the ladies on the ward had had their hair platted by a super kind and therapeutic nurse who clearly understands the value of the women feeling good about themselves. Charge nurse Dianne took time out of her busy day to reassure me about my friends treatment and care pathway and came across as very recovery focused towards my friend supporting her to make positive plans to be able to attend a relative's birthday party. Fingers crossed for my friends recovery.

Response from Jo Horsley, Adult Mental Health Service Manager - Acute services, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Robyn,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a lovely posting, I will make sure your kind words are passed on to the ward and Dianne in particular. I'm pleased to hear that you felt your friend was supported to make positive plans regarding her future, as you note this is such an important part of recovery.

Kind Regards

Jo Horsley

Operational manager

Acute services

• RobynRecoveryRocks thinks this response is helpful

Response from Kirsty Aveyard, Acting Ward Manager, Lucy Wade Unit, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Dear RobynRecoveryRocks

Thank you for sharing your feedback your experiences of orchid ward on behalf of your friend

We appreciate you taking the time to feedback and I will ensure this message is shared with the team

Best wishes