"Just need help with a couple of things"

About: North Ayrshire Council - Three Towns, North Coast and Arran

(as a service user),

I have a carer who comes every morning. I’m very independent and can do all my personal care but I need help with a couple of things like changing my bed and hanging out my washing. I had the choice whether I wanted the carer morning or tea time and I chose the morning. It suits me better because then I’m free for the rest of the day and I don’t need to worry about being home for the carer coming.

The carers used to take my dog out for me in the morning. This was a great help because it can take a while to get ready in the morning however, they are not allowed to do this anymore.

Response from Tony Fisher, Team Manager, North Ayrshire Council

Dear Doglover2

Many thanks for taking the time to contact us regarding your Care at Home Service.

You are correct to point out that the service has changed and that some services, like dog walking, are not viewed as critical or substantial in terms of our criteria for care at home services.

The service has a greater focus in addressing the personal care needs of service users in North Ayrshire and some service users make arrangements for non personal care services to be carried out by private care providers.

A list of all of the care providers in North Ayrshire can be found on the CareNA website www.carena.org.uk

I hope that this response answers your query about Care at Home services and many thanks again for highlighting the points to us.

Best Wishes