"Absolutely disgusted with the care"

About: Darent Valley Hospital

I spent 3 hours sitting in agony waiting to be seen by a doctor whilst people who had turned up after me was getting seen before me. Then once I see the doctor not only were they patronising and didn't even bother to check me over they tell me they can do nothing because my doctors supposed looking into it. The time I spent sitting around made my condition a lot worse and I will be writing a formal complaint and I will be making sure that everyone knows about the horrendous survive I received.

Response from Darent Valley Hospital

Dear Becka

We were sorry to read of how unhappy you were with having to wait in the A&E Department, although our records show you were seen within 2 hours. All patients who visit the department (both walk in or by ambulance) are triaged according to their clinical need and not in the order they arrive.

If you saw patients arriving after and being seen before you, this would have been because their clinical need was greater.

Non-emergency patients are usually seen faster at local Urgent Care Centres, such as those based in Gravesend, Sidcup and Erith.

The Communications Team Darent Valley Hospital