"traumatic experience."

About: Royal Preston Hospital

I experienced the most traumatic time of my life staying at Preston hospital following a bone graft and manipulation under anesthetic for a frozen knee. Despite being immediately refereed to the acute pain management team, I was left for 6 days with in adequate and inconsistent pain relief before I received a visit from them.

I was placed on a CPM machine but in a manner that was inhumane, and contrary to the recommended instructions. I became very distressed yet my distress was either ignored or belittled by staff who were unemphatic and was actually verbally abused by one doctor. I will never set foot in that hospital ever again.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We were extremely concerned and sorry to hear of your experience and would welcome the opportunity to discuss the issues and concerns you have raised in more detail if you would be happy to do so. If so, can I ask you to please contact Heather Moulton, Deputy Customer Care Manager on 01772 522521 as I am on leave after today.

Response from Royal Preston Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We were extremely concerned and sorry to hear of your experience and would welcome the opportunity to discuss the issues and concernes you have raised in more detail. If you are happy to do so, can I ask you to please contact Heather Moulton, Deputy Customer Care Manager on 01772 522521, who will be happy to discuss those concerns and to explore ways in which we can try to resolve them.