"Excellent care"

About: The Princess Royal Hospital (Telford)

I gave birth to my daughter on the consultant led unit on 12th August. Every single member of staff were amazing during a not particularly straightforward labour. Amongst other things, I lost almost 2 litres of blood and had a raised temperature so my baby and I had to spend 3 nights on the postnatal ward to be treated for an infection as a precaution.

Again, every single member of staff were excellent. All involved in our care from start to finish were professional, caring and treated us with dignity.

The new women and children's unit is an excellent facility and I was impressed with the standards of cleanliness and hygiene.

Due to the problems in labour having an impact on breastfeeding, we have had to see the lactation experts on the MLU who have been so supportive and thanks to them, my baby's feeding and weight issues are now resolving.

I cannot thank everyone enough for what they did for us and thanks to their care and dedication, I have a beautiful, healthy baby girl asleep in my arms as I write this.

Response from The Princess Royal Hospital

I am so pleased to hear that everything went well.

Congratulations on your new baby daughter.

Patient Experience Team