"Having a carer has really helped us both"

About: Carewatch (Inverclyde) (Ayrshire) (Dunbartonshire) (Argyll & Bute) North Ayrshire Council

When my husband and I moved to sheltered housing our social worker suggested we get a carer to help us. I was helping my husband get up and showered in the morning but it was taking me an hour and a half to get him ready then half an hour for me to get my breath back. My husband wasn’t keen at first but our son convinced him that it was best for us.

The service we have from Carewatch is excellent. The lassies that come are wonderful. We used to get a lot of different folk coming but my husband has dementia and it’s much better for him and less stressful to have consistency. I asked the office and they’ve sorted it. Now we have the same girl most days unless it’s her day off. Even with the girls that cover they try not to give us a total stranger. If it’s a really young girl that comes my husband won’t have a shower but apart from this he is happy, he has accepted the help.

Living in Currie court and having the help is absolutely fantastic

Response from Tony Fisher, Team Manager, North Ayrshire Council

Dear Currie,

Many thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us and for sharing your experiences of the care provision that your husband receives.

It is good to hear that the commissioned service is meeting your husbands needs and that it is helping you knowing that your request for more consistency has been taken on board and actioned accordingly.

I am also glad to hear that you are both getting the most from your tenancy in Currie Court and I hope that you continue to be satisfied with the services that you receive.

Once again, thank you for getting in touch.

Anthony Fisher

Team Manager

Response from Anna Houston, Managing Director, CarewatchCarewatch (Inverclyde, Ayrshire, Dunbartonshire, Argyll & Bute)

Dear Currie,

Firstly my apologies for the delay in responding. Thank you so much for taking time to feedback on the service we provide you, it is always nice to have positive feedback.

I am glad we were able to improve the consistancy of staff for you.

If you have any further comments or queries please do not hesitate to contact us at the office.

Kind regards Anna