"Overall Exceptional care for my high risk..."

About: Stoke Mandeville Hospital

My daughter was born early and safely thanks to the hospital consultants and day assessment unit who continually monitored me after I was diagnoised with IGUR (most likely due to a failing placena. I now have a healthy (and very chubby) 10 month old. My only criticism is that after my C section the two of the nurses on the ward wanted me out very soon and criticised me for using the pain relief prescribed. I was made to feel like I should feel better than I did within 30 hours of the c section which was horrible because I was in alot of pain and I didnt know what they were giving me was so strong and not permitted in breastfeeding when they knew I was breastfeeding!. One even suggested I shouldnt be on the ward because my baby was in NICU! But the majority are exceptional people who saved my daughters life who I cannot praise enough.

Response from Anthony Banton, Patient Experience Manager, Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear responder

Thank you for your feedback. Your comments have been forwarded to the department you have spoken so kindly about to encourage staff to continue delivering great care and to remind staff to be very mindful of the impact their conduct has on our patients.