"Day case surgery was excellent"

About: Good Hope Hospital

Had a hysteroscopy, fibroid removal, curretage and coil insertion yesterday under general anaesthetic in the Day Case Unit.

The system was efficient, the staff lovely and professional and caring, the place was immaculate. I was served gluten free toast afterwards as I have coeliacs disease which i was worried would be be missed in my groggy state. Only downside was I waited 6 hrs on my own in a silent room as there was a mix up with op list.

A tv would have made it more bearable but as it's a Day Case Unit there isn't funding for a tv.

But I don't want to end on a low note. ..6 hours out of my life is a small price to pay when you look at world issues. Let's not lose our nhs...its not perfect I can testify to that but thank you Day Case Unit. I've come away feeling very satisfied.

Dear Anonymous

I am pleased to read that all was well with your procedure, that you found the staff to be friendly and caring, and also that your special dietary needs were met appropriately.

I am sorry that you endured such a long wait without a TV to watch in the waiting room and I will certainly enquire if it would be possible to address this in the future.

I will forward your feedback to Sandra Malcolm, Day Case Unit Ward Manager so that she can highlight your positive comments to the staff.

I hope this is acceptable, and I wish you well in your continued recovery.

Marie Helebert

Response from Good Hope Hospital

Dear Anonymous thank you for your feedback regarding your recent procedure in the Day Case Unit at Good Hope Hospital.

I hope this is acceptable, and I wish you well in your continued recovery.

Marie Helebert