"Impressive degree of attention"

About: Royal Preston Hospital

I was brought in by ambulance on Bank Holiday Monday afternoon having collapsed in a pub. As I was admitted I think my blood pressure was low and I was quickly seen by a team and in a matter of minutes was hooked up to all sorts of monitoring machines, drips, etc. At each stage one of the team took time to explain to me what they were doing and what they were hoping to achieve. As my blood pressure returned to a normal range I was under the supervision of a staff nurse and doctor who continued to care for me until I was ready to be sent home. The diagnosis was I had over exerted myself on a long walk and had not taken sufficient fluid hence became dehydrated. In that episode of five hours I saw the National Health Service at its very best. Thank you to the team.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience when you were admitted to the Royal Preston Hospital earlier this week. It was extremely pleasing to hear that the care you were given and our communication with you was of the high standard we aim to offer all our patients. Please be assured that your kind comments have been shared with the team caring for you.

Response from Royal Preston Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. It was extremely pleasing to hear that the care provided was of the high standard we aim to offer all our patients. Your kind comments have been shared with the staff involved in your care.