"My life saved by profession heart care at York..."

About: York Hospital

A couple of years ago I was taken in by ambulance to York Hospital having suffered an undramatic heart attack. After a few days I was operated on and 2 stents were fitted in my heart.

At that particular time in my life I really didn't care whether I lived or died for reasons separate to the heart condition I had developed.

However since my experiences at York Hospital my life has improved beyond description.

I am working in a profession that I love which is setting out/surveying on civil engineer sites.

at the moment I am the Engineer on a new University Building. I am earning very good money.

I have a car which I love and an enhanced love of technology and computing.

My thoughts and appreciation go to the people i met at York but particularly my consultant and their dedicated team of heath professionals.

I won't forget seeing their studious efforts almost in complete silence to bring me back to life and heath even though at the time i couldn't really work out what motivated the team to try so hard on my behalf.

Afterall I had never even met them.

My life is good.

Even better knowing that they saved my life.

John Cannon

Response from York Hospital

Thank you very much for your posting.

Your comments have been passed to the teams concerned.

We are pleased that your visit to us was very positive; our aim is to provide a high standard of service which reflects the needs of patients.