"Excellent service at Ward One of the LGI"

About: Leeds General Infirmary

On August 25th I saw my GP, presenting with a chest pain & shortness of breath. So alarmed was the GP by my sky high blood pressure & fearing a blood clot, I was sent with due dispatch to the Clinical Diagnostic Unit at Leeds General Infirmary.

There, all inside 4 hrs I was thoroughly checked over & questioned, had an ECG, chest x ray & several blood samples taken & assessed. I was provided, for free, with a freshly made sandwich and two cups of tea (but declined the biscuits).

Then upon being diagnosed with a viral infection in the upper respiratory tract was sent home with a reassuring pat on the back.

The staff were all incredibly efficient & friendly and the Doctor was at great pains to explain every stage of the process of the investigations to me.

If this National Health Service is not the pride of our nation & the envy of the world, it damn well should be.

Response from Leeds Teaching Hospitals

Dear Tracey Blackwell,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us.

It is wonderful to read that you had such a positive experience whilst in our care.

I have passed your kind words onto the relevant management so that they can pass them on to the appropriate staff who will be exceptionally pleased with your feedback.

I hope that you are now doing well and are recovering from your infection.

With kind regards