"Great Department,shame about the main entrance."

About: Royal Blackburn Hospital

We visited the Hospital for my wife to have a ct scan and the treatment was excellent.However before this we had to come in to the Hospital through clouds of cigarette smoke,by the main entrance.The floor was littered with cigarette ends right up to the door,people attached to drips sat smoking.If people are not supposed to smoke in the hospital grounds why is it allowed.It also does not give a good first impression of the hospital.With all the anti smoking initiatives nowadays,this is not good.Think of all the people who have to enter the building le people with asthma or other breathing problems.Shameful for a hospital.

Response from Royal Blackburn Hospital

Many thanks for your feedback on your recent visit to Royal Blackburn Hospital and thank-you for taking the time to do so.

I am pleased that your wife received such good treatment in the Radiology Department when she attended for her CT scan, but sorry to read your comments about the main entrance.

I will make sure these comments are passed on.

If you would like to talk through your visit with one of our Patient Experience team so we can further understand what made this such a poor experience for you we would really value this so that we can try to improve things for every patient visiting our hospitals and services.

You can either contact me (Melissa Almond) on 01254 734087 or email me on Melissa.almond@elht.nhs.uk

Or if you prefer you can discuss further any concerns you may have about our services with our East Lancashire Hospitals Trust Customer Relations team on 01254 733700 or complaints@elht.nhs.uk who can advise you of your options in raising these concerns further.

If you would like to share your experience in confidence with an independent organisation please contact Healthwatch BwD on 01254 504985 or info@healthwatchblackburnwithdarwen.co.uk

Many thanks again for commenting.

Melissa Almond, Patient Experience Facilitator