"Problem with transport and staffing"

About: Castleview Day Care

(as a service user),

I enjoy coming to the day centre for the company as I live alone, it gets you out the house. However, the day centre has deteriorated since I started.

The biggest problem is transport. I used to be at the day centre from 9. 15am until 4pm, now I’m there from 11am-3pm. I’m still charged the same price though! I’m not sure if the problem is money to pay the drivers

The other problem is staffing. The staff are so busy doing records and other things that we don’t get full use of them. They don’t have time for all the activities, they could do with someone extra to help.

Response from Tony Fisher, Team Manager, North Ayrshire Council

Dear ray12

Please note my thanks to you for taking the time out to contact us about your experiences of Castleview Day Services.

I would be grateful if you would note my apology for the service not being to the standard that you had been previously used to and I will pass your comments on to the external manager for the service so that they can investigate the issues further on your behalf.

Comments from the people we support are very important to us and they help us to shape the way we design services in the future and amend those that need it in the present.

Once again, many thanks for getting in touch with us.

Best Wishes