"Unplanned laparoscopy"

About: East Surrey Hospital

I was admitted into Brockham ward after the confirmation that I had an ectopic pregnancy. I was looked after by the HCAs and nurses on the ward very well which made my short stay bearable. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The premises were clean although I felt the was a lot of urine specimen samples left in the toilet.

I know the ward was short staffed but I didn't feel my needs were not prioritised. I wanted to make a special mention to a particular nurse who was fantastic at taking good care of me from taking me down to theatre to post op recovery. The doctor was also very informative and very friendly.

It's nice to see that the NHS did not let me down, given some of the bad press its had recently.

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for post about Brockham Ward.

It is good to read that you felt so well looked after and I will share your comments with the Matron who will I know be pleased to read the positive comments and will want to look at a couple of the other issues you've raised.