"Attended Central Middlesex hospital for a..."

About: St Marks Hospital

Had colonoscopy on 25/8/15

Impressed by level of professionalism shown by all staff. Reception staff friendly and helpful, thanks to the member of staff who went out oftheir way to get me a cup of water.

The team who carried out the procedure were excellent, they answered all of my questions and put me at ease. I thought I was going to be fully anaesthetised so was a little scared when told i would be awake on mild sedation, however the doctor assured me that procedure was painless and this was the case. I was able to watch the process on TV which was remarkable.

Spent 1 hour in post recovery unit, again staff friendly and helpful, suffered mild stomach cramps which went away after 3 hours.

Many thanks to all concerned

Response from St Marks Hospital

Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent visit to Central Middlesex Hospital.

It was pleasing to learn that your procedure was carried out comfortably and painlessly and that all the staff you encountered were able to help and put you at ease.

We will make sure that your kind words are passed on to the relevant team and thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with such positive feedback

Patient Relations Team