"discharge"

About: Queen Alexandra Hospital

Although everyone was fantastic when I went in to have my kidney removed

I feel they fall down on the discharge information given to patients when they leave. Although they give you leaflets I felt I should have been told if I need to change my dressings when and if I could have a shower or bath and whether I had disposable stitches or not plus when to go to the Nurse practitioner which I had to ask about. Its not till you get home that you think of these things and I remember a few years ago after another operation they always told you. My daughter has just recently been in for day surgery herself and feels the same plus a few other people that I have spoken to said yes not enough information is given when you are discharged. As I said apart from that I could not fault my care while I was in. I say a big thank you to all who helped me.

Response from Queen Alexandra Hospital

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide both your positive and negative feedback about your experiences in the Urology Department. Please be assured that your comments regarding information provided on discharge have been shared with the Team involved for learning purposes. I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a speedy recovery from your surgery and all the best for the future.

Kind regards.

Debbie

Response from Debra Johns, Patient Experience Officer, Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide both your positive and negative feedback about your experiences. Please be assured that your comments regarding information provided on discharge have been shared with the Team involved for learning purposes. I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a speedy recovery from your surgery and all the best for the future.

Should you ever need to share your views with us direct, good or bad, then please contact our PALS Team on PHT.PALS@porthosp.nhs.uk who will be happy to help and advise. Kind regards. Debbie