"very bad appointment time & follow up"

About: Stepping Hill Hospital

I waited from 5th Jan 2015 until 30th June 2015 for an appointment. I was then told by the Doctor that I would receive an appointment in three weeks time for further tests. This did not happen! The first time I mentioned it to my GP I was told to chase it up, I don't think this is up to me to do this. Weeks later I became very ill and again saw a GP, I mentioned this non event to her and told her even if I had the energy to chase it up it is not MY job. She said she would get onto it.

Three days later I was taken to hospital by ambulance because my condition deteriorated, needless to say I refused to be taken to Stepping Hill.

Today I received a call from the department at Stepping Hill to offer me the tests this week, when I said this should have happened in July I was told it had been overlooked. I informed them I would not be attending this week because I was not well enough and I would ring them when I felt better. On reflection I think I will just ask to referred elsewhere because my opinion is that I don't seem to matter. Two let downs already do not inspire me with confidence at this Hospital. What happened to the max 18 weeks appointment guide lines for the first appointment and why was I overlooked again after waiting so long in the first place?????????

Dept. not listed below - "Older Peoples Dept"

Response from Stepping Hill Hospital

I am sorry to read about your experience. Please ring the Patient and Customer Services team on 0161 419 5678, or email PCS@stockport.nhs.uk, so that we can look into what has happened.

Kieren Done