"Excellent service"

About: Gosport War Memorial Hospital

We arrived at Gosport War Memorial hospital the day after being seen at St Mary's Walk in Clinic in Portsmouth, as we were concerned that my son's split open finger was bleeding through the bandage.

We were seen within 5 minutes and his finger was checked, medicine given, bandage taken off and finger x-rayed - which they didn't bother to do at St Mary's - to find that it was fractured and he therefore needed antibiotics due to the risk of infection.

They then sterti stripped and bandaged up properly with a tie around his wrist to keep it on (he's only 3 years old).

It was excellent prompt service and they were kind to my young son who obviously was quite distressed.

I would definitely recommend going here over any other minor injuries walk in clinic.

Thank you.

Response from Gosport War Memorial Hospital

Thank you for sharing your kind feedback regarding the MIU at Gosport War Memorial Hospital.

The service is provided by Portsmouth Hospital NHS Trust and I have sent your comments to them to relay to the manager and team.

I do hope your son cnotinues to make a full recovery from his injury. Best wishes, Customer Experience Team, Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust