"Left eye injury at home"

About: Royal Bolton Hospital

Purely down to my own carelessness and because I wore my own glasses rather than the eye protectors in my toolbox I was hit by a small piece of chipped concrete when removing it from a floor. I didn’t think too much about it at the time but the following day the floaters arrived along with the possibility of a detached retina. Luckily after several visit to the Bolton Eye Clinic I was given a clean bill of health except for one remaining large floater which I will have to live with due to one moment of madness. The message is. Always Wear Eye Protection .

My last visit to the Bolton Clinic was this last Sunday morning. The Clinic was really well organised with patients quickly moving though the various surgeries eventually arriving at the Consultant who by then has all the necessary information to make a sound diagnoses. Well done and Thank you Bolton !

Response from Royal Bolton Hospital

That could have been really nasty, so we're pleased that all went well. A good message regarding the eye protection too. Thank you for this.