"Total hip Replacement"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank the staff on ward 15 and 14, the ladies who give out the food, domestics, and last but not least the ambulance crew.

I found that many of the staff went the extra mile to help me get back on my feet.

The only thing I would improve is the insufficient amount of physiotherapy staff.

Response from Anne Leitch, Senior Nurse, Medicine, Hairmyres Hospital

Dear Nellie W

Thank you very much for your feedback in relation to the care you received whilst an inpatient here at Wishaw General Hospital and in particular Wards 14 & 15. I hope that you are recovering well and your health continues to improve.

Your positive feedback is very welcome and I will ensure this is fed back to all the staff in Wards 14 & 15. The staff aim to ensure the care they deliver is safe, effective and person centred. I have no doubt they will be delighted with the feedback.

I will also ensure your comments in relation to the physiotherapy service are escalated to the head of physiotherapy service at Wishaw General Hospital.

Anne Leitch

Response from Maureen Cochrane, Deputy Head of Physiotherapy & Paediatric Lead, Physiotherapy Services, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Nellie W,

I’m delighted to hear that you’re getting back on your feet after your surgery. I hope that the physiotherapy you received has aided your recovery and you have agreed a rehabilitation plan with your physiotherapist.

I’m interested in your comment about needing more physiotherapy staff and would be grateful if you would contact my colleague Claire Rae, to discuss this. She is the Physiotherapy Lead at Wishaw General, telephone number 01698 366420.

Kind regards,