About: Grantham & District Hospital

My partners elderly parents parked in the disabled bay they have a badge. My partners mother is nearly 80 and she was concerned about getting treatment for her 82 year old husband! Bear in mind age, stress and panic etc when my partner got to the hospital his mum asked him to check on the car, yes it had a fine stuck to the window! Disquisted!

Response from Sharon Kidd, Patient Experience and Engagement Manager, Patient Experience, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Anon

Thank you for taking time to leave us this feedback. I’m sorry that your partner’s elderly parents received a parking fine while displaying a blue badge. The Trust implemented a daily charge of £1.50 per day for Blue Badge holders from Monday 1 December 2014 in line with other organisations such as Lincoln City Council and North Lincolnshire and Goole Foundation Trust who have also introduced car park charges for Blue Badge holders.

We do have signs in place which are located near the disabled bays advising Blue Card holders of the daily charge and appreciate that she may have missed them as her concern was getting her husband in to the hospital for treatment.

We are unable to cancel tickets at the hospital and they would need to contact Total Parking Solutions:-

or write to

Total Parking Solutions Ltd

Parking Control Department

PO Box 7135

NN16 6BP

We try to keep our charges as low as possible at all times. However the Trust has financial challenges and the cost for us to provide car parks increases every year. We have had to make the difficult choice to increase these charges rather than reducing services closer to direct patient care.Image title