"day case"

About: Royal Preston Hospital

I was admitted as a day case onto ward three for dental surgery. I had this done under general anaesthetic as I was terrafyed. I arrived very scared but the staff on the ward where fantastic they explained everything that was going to happen before it did, I never felt judged and felt supported and safe and even started to calm down. The anesthetic team where fantastic and very patient with me everything from trying to distract me from what was happening to holding my hand. I woke up again to friendly staff and was taken to the day case unit where I was greater by more friendly faces that where all to happyto spend time with me ensuring i was calm and cucomfortable. The day room on ward 3 could have done with a better clean and there where a couple of insects crawling round but all the other areas of the hospital I visited where clean. I would recommend the rph to others especially nervous patients as all the staff where amazing thank you all for making what was a very streessfull day a bit easier to cope with.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience. I was concerned to hear that the standard of cleanliness was not as we would want it to be in the day room, but extremely pleased to hear that the care you received was of the standard we would aim to provide to all our patients. I have shared your kind feedback with the clinical staff involved and forwarded my concerns about the cleanliness of the day room to the relevant manager.

Response from Royal Preston Hospital

THank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We were concerned to read your comments regarding the cleanliness of the day room and have asked the ward manager and relevant facilities manager to look into this issue. Your kind comments about the care provided have been shared with the staff concerned.