"ward 56 southern general glasgow"

About: Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow / Rehabilitation

I have nothing but praise for the amazing angels on ward 56

I suffered a minor stroke and was admitted to 56 after spending the night in 1c. The difference between the two wards is unbelievable. Friendly staff in 56 and disdainful staff in 1c in my opinion.

I was greeted by 2 nurses, and nothing was a bother to them (even my constant use of the patient call system). They answered me everytime with a smile (and kept me smiling with their chat)

So thank you ward 56

Dear govanman5,

It was really lovely to read your fantastic feedback about the staff on Ward 56 and to hear how you were well cared for, always with a smile.

I am sorry though to read that you didn't have the same type of experience in Ward 1C where you were first admitted. We would expect every patient to be treated with the kindness you experienced in Ward 56, in whatever care setting. I will pass your feedback on to the relevant services to highlight the differences that you have noticed so that we can have a think about why there can be such varying experiences for patients.

I hope that you are well on the road to recovery after your stroke, and thank you very much for taking the time to write to us.

Best Wishes,