"South West London and St Georges Mental Health Trust Student Placement"

About: South West London And St George's Mental Health NHS Trust

(as a student nurse),

I have met some passionate and committed nurses during my last placement. I have been encouraged by the Trust afforded to me by the nursing team as I have practiced and feel it is excellent preparation as I approach qualification.

However I noticed that the current staffing pressures on services has at times left me exposed to taking on too much responsibility without the necessary experienced staff to support me.

Response from Jane Healey, Patient Experience Lead, Governance, South West London and St George's Mental Health Trust

Dear Davbr,

My name is Jane and I am one of the Patient Experience Leads for the Trust. Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience wiuth us and I am pleased to learn that you feel you have had excellent preparation for your future careeer in nursing.

I was concerned to hear your thoughts on staffing pressures and have passed these onto my colleagues so that they can respond to these in more detail.

Response from Anderson Pustam, Honorary Senior Lecturer, Kingston University

Dear Davbr,

My Name is Anderson, I look after the student nurses whilst they are in placements with the Trust. I have taken onboard your comments about the staffing issues and the impact on your supernumary status as a student. I will feedback to our Heads of Nursing in the Trust.

Thank you for your feedback.

Anderson Pustam